Friday, June 28, 2013

3 confessions away from the office







Shirt- some random beachy store, jacket- Urban Outfitters (tag ripped out), shoes- ecote, belt- Escada, bangles- Madewell


I have some confessions to makes:
Confession #1 - I have a thing against women button-down shirts. I mostly steal my brother's or find myself in the men's department. Something about the bigger size gives you more versatility. Sure the sleeves are a little big, but if you pull a jacket over it and tuck it into your skirt no one will ever know.

Confession #2- I don't believe in repeating outfits. Don't get the wrong idea that just means that I'm really good at mixing and matching. So to transition your outfit from the office untuck your larger shirt (in my case shirt dress) out of your pencil skirt. Add some Downey wrinkle spray (lifesaver you must buy it) and belt your blazer. Change of shoes and a pop of brighter lipstick and you have two outfits in one.

Confession #3- These are some of my oldest, cheapest pieces, and yet they've lasted the test of time. Don't disregard something cause it's on the sale rack or isn't "in," if you have a good feeling about it trust your gut. The pink blazer goes way back to a time before it was cool to wear bright colored blazers, to a time when Urban Outfitters had about 20 of them on a sale rack for $2.99. Yup less than a latte, but something about that bright color drew me in. Next season everyone had one with a much more expensive price tag.

No comments:

Post a Comment