Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Portobello Pizzas




The minute I'm two seconds away from seeing if 2Amy's/Mozza/Lombardi's delivers I know that A. I'm super lazy, B. in need of a cleanse, C. need to keep my phone far far away from me. Portobello mushrooms are the "meaty" vegetable that are a great substitute for those who don't eat meat. I love filling them up and popping them in the oven. They kinda look like a 10 year-old made them, but when I feel like having a 10 year-old's diet it's totally appropriate.

Ingredients:

1 portobello mushroom (cap only brown gunk and stem taken out)
5 small cherry tomatoes halved
1 ounce of mozzarella
Basil (dried or fresh), salt, pepper

1. Clean and prepare mushrooms. Don't wash them, but run a paper towel on the outside to remove extra dirt.
2. Spray both side with an olive oil spray and set on an aluminum lined baking tray.
3. Add your tomatoes, basil, salt, and pepper. Spray over the tomatoes with olive oil spray.
4. Put in oven from 25-30 minutes. You want the tomatoes to be roasted and the mushroom to be cooked.
5. Add the cheese on top and set back in the oven for another 10 minutes until the cheese is completely melted.
6. Enjoy and thank yourself for not actually ordering that pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment