Thursday, September 5, 2013

Frozen Greek yogurt bars





I'm so lucky to have amazing friends to give me a little help with getting the food posts in since my 14 hour days leave little (more like no time) to be epicurious. Thanks Abby for this one, can't wait to try it this weekend.


September is here, but Mother Nature doesn't seem to have gotten that memo. And as much as it kills me, it's just still too hot to turn on that oven. So while I wish I could crave a pumpkin spiced latte, my taste buds are screaming for something soothing and refreshing. hence, frozen Greek yogurt bars. These are super versatile because any flavor of Greek yogurt (or regular yogurt) can be used and anything can be mixed into them. I used raisins, raw oats, dried fruit, and frozen berries. Just sprinkle in whatever fits your mood from chocolate chips to trail mix. Options are endless and results are spot on!

Ingredients:

2 cups Greek or regular yogurt
1 1/2 cups chopped fruit (fresh or frozen)
1/2 cups chopped nuts
3/4 cups raw oats
1/4 cups chocolate chips

1. Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
2. Line a pan with foil.
3. Spread yogurt mixture into pan.
4. Cover with plastic wrap and place in freezer until frozen.
5. Remove from freezer, let thaw for 5 minutes, cut into bars.
6. Store in an airtight container in the freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment