Thursday, October 31, 2013

Pumpkin overnight oats


It's Halloween and only appropriate to have a pumpkin food post. I can't eat right when I get up for yoga in the morning cause I want nothing in my stomach at 5 in the morning, but making overnight oats in a jar makes it easy to carry with me for after class. Plus this is literally effortless to make.

Oats
Serves one 
1/4 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup canned pumpkin 
Splash of milk of your choice
1/2 tsp. agave or maple syrup 
Pumpkin spice and cinnamon 
Crushed nuts or dried cranberries optional

1. Mix everything except the nuts and cranberries in a jar (you can also put it in a bowl just cover with aluminum foil).
2. Close the lid and put in the fridge overnight.
3. The next morning add the nuts and cranberries. Don't forget to pack a spoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment