Monday, January 6, 2014

So cliche LA







Dress- Free People (similar: here), boots- Sam Edelman

When outsiders think of LA they think of the Hollywood sign, the Walk of Fame, and PCH. Those landmarks seem to "represent" the city, but there's been a shift because of the growing modern architecture in LA that makes the Walt Disney Concert Hall, Griffith Observatory, and Urban Light at LACMA the new faces of the City of Angels. Urban Light is such a cliche backdrop, but a recent Zoe Saldana spread shot all over LACMA in Angeleno Magazine inspired me to give it a go. It happened to be closed (it's normally packed with museum visitors) while we were shooting meaning no people blocking shots. Plus I had my favorite photographer, who is always able to capture the surroundings without letting me just fade into the background (thanks mom).

There's something about toning down grungy combat boots with a lace white dress, perhaps too overdone now but still a favorite match. A little weird wearing this dress in the beginning of January, considering the last time I wore it was in Malibu in June. But the LA sunshine has been so good to me, I really can't complain about summer temperatures in the middle of the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment