Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Simple green eggs no ham




I have limited time and I get easily bored with meals. This means most meals I consume are some version of an egg, but I'm always trying to think of new ways to serve my eggs when I'm on a less than 10 minute kinda time frame. Take some frozen peas and either mint or cilantro as a filler for this omelette. I go for a one egg and two whites combo, but if your taste buds need more or less yolk add accordingly. Also a trick to making eggs a bit creamer is adding a little milk after you whisk them in a bowl.

Simple enough to feed me when I have only a few minutes to spare, but not something you see on a menu everyday.

Green eggs omelette
1/3 cup of frozen peas
handful of chopped cilantro or mint
2 egg whites and 1 egg
Splash of milk
Salt and pepper
Avocado and Gruyere cheese optional

1. Whisk the eggs, salt, pepper, and milk together in a bowl.
2. Throw the frozen peas into boiling water for a few minutes till they're no longer frozen but not too long. Meanwhile chop your herbs.
3. Pour the egg batter into a pan on medium heat and wait till the bottom of the eggs are relatively cooked. Give the eggs a wiggle so you know it's cooked but not overcooked (nothing worse than over cooked eggs).
4. Add green fillings. (If you're doing the cheese you'll add that in before the greens).
5. Fold the omelette and transfer to plate (don't break in the process like yours truly). Garnish with more greens and serve with avocado.

No comments:

Post a Comment