Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Shoulder showing and buyer's remorse






 Top- Kimchi Blue, shorts- vintage, shoes- Converse

My mom is going to kill me if she sees that I didn't throw out these shorts. I know they're ripped beyond an acceptable point and have more holes than a spiderweb, and they're honestly too big on me like legit mom jeans cut off into a shorter length. But I don't think I can ever quite let them go; plus I will never find another pair with a $7 price tag. So even when she tries to throw them in the trash, I always find a way to hide them in my closet again.

A word on buyer's remorse. Last summer I found the most fantastic off the shoulder willowy blouse. It was silk, beautifully made, vintage, and listed at $90. This was before the crazy off the shoulder trend of this summer, but I was so obsessed with it. It would have put any this season For Love and Lemons piece to shame by comparison. I went into the vintage store everyday for a week trying it on, but never quite allowing myself to pay that much for a no name secondhand piece that probably wouldn't get much mileage. I've regretted my decision for a good number of days in the past ten months. A word to my fellow readers, if you love something so much that you're trying it on for a week at the store get over the price tag and buy it. The daily agony isn't worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment