Monday, June 16, 2014

What did you wear to work today?



Running from the office I get a phone call, "come quick there's a lot of Lilly [Pulitzer] happening.. tunics." These are the cautionary words of the only person I can rely on to look anti-prep with me and stand in a clean suit that isn't practically vomiting neon colors. I've gotten used to standing out a bit and that's when you call your friend who will look just as good as you (in the male form) to attend all fashion related events.

I swear I will meet my husband wearing this rag & bone burgundy blazer, or at least the number of complimentary men at the Whole Foods in Logan Circle has given me good evidence to support that conclusion. Toned down with an all white outfit and the most comfortable pumps I own courtesy of Calvin Klein of all people. Ironically when I bought them I was dealing with an injured foot and had my poor mom try on every shoe in Bloomingdales for me (for the record I'm limping around the office today again injured). Since she's the pickiest when it comes to comfortable shoes, I knew these were a winner when she was barely willing to give them up to me.

I'm hoping those tunics were not part of their actual office attire, but I can only help but wonder after my prior post. What did you wear to work today?

No comments:

Post a Comment