Monday, July 28, 2014

Peach leather and some big changes







Palak chaat at Rasika

Dripping candles on the bathroom wall at Red Hen
Sweet corn burrata at Red Hen
Top- Zara, skirt- Zara, shoes- Zara, bag- DVF (sold out but same shade with different style), watch- Burberry men's Old Classic (old but similar style here or here)

A lot of exciting things have happened/are happening/will be happening this week. Big steps for me professionally/personally/Avis-ly. With those changes comes time for celebrating, which calls for an all leather (faux) peach two-piece and the best cocktails and food in DC. The Gibson's patio only can be used on flawless days like the not humid sunshine we had after a few days of sticky swamp. For food, Friday I got a James Beard winner Chef Vikram Sunderam sighting at Rasika. Yelp is filled with the same picture of the palak chaat, but there's a reason: it's one of the most delicious dishes I've ever had. These days everyone is trying to make kale a thing, but this dish celebrates the classic spinach and in the best way possible. Saturday called for catching up with my girl Hafsa at the Red Hen. I loved watching Chef Mike Friedman running the kitchen so calm and collectedly, and even spotted him taking off his white chef jacket to reveal a pink Faconnable shirt. Their menu is seasonal, but make sure you start with whatever they have with their burrata. Their summer menu uses corn, but the burrata steals the show literally melting in your mouth. For the record, their team was the most courteous and cautious about food restrictions out of any other dining experience I have ever had. A+

So now for the other c-word besides celebrate, change. Keep checking my Instagram and Twitter for more updates as things unravel this week. I'm about to take a big leap of faith, and do something that most people would never do. And to be honest I'm scared, but I've always been a dreamer. I believe in following your big dreams no matter what that means sacrificing. So I'll need your support as I follow my childhood dreams, and I hope you'll follow me along and join me on this new adventure.

Lastly, I want to thank ALL of you. From my closest friends and family who have showed me what unconditional love really is, to those unexpected readers who catch me by surprise, and to those of you I haven't met. Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. I think I have the same Burberry watch :) See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like you taste! Definitely stands out in the sea of Michael Kors ones

      Delete