Monday, July 14, 2014

Vouching for Jumpsuits



Jumpsuit- Nasty Gal, sandals- Dolce Vita (similar here), ankle brace- Walgreens (I'm so funny I know), bangle- vintage, necklace- Bauble Bar

This really isn't a fashion post, it's more of a persuasive argument to get you to buy a jumpsuit. For one jumpsuits are a mystery. How do you get into them and how do you get out of them? It's a mystery for everyone to figure out, and an accomplishment when you can master the art of getting in and out of a jumpsuit. Also the article of clothing is a mystery. Is it a monotone two-piece, a maxidress, smock? At first glance people are very confused why you have two pant legs, but there is no separation from top and bottom. After a few minutes they realize you're wearing this magical onesie, and either are really intrigued by you or have stared long enough for you to start a conversation with them. An icebreaker and outfit in one, two birds with one stone.

Secondly, jumpsuits allow for free movement. Walking over subway vents (no Marilyn moments), running marathons, and doing backflips are all possible in a jumpsuit. In fact, the style itself almost begs you to start doing some acrobatics. I used to wear unitards in my modern dance pieces, (see picture below, and I apologize for putting Sami through the equal embarrassment) and I suddenly felt obligated to jump around and do high kicks; same goes for jumpsuits. If you want the ultimate comfort the jumpsuit is the way to go. Finally, you can wear them for any occasion. Brunch with the girls, date night, SoulCycle class, jumping off an airplane...the list goes on and on. Think of it as the ultimate investment that you will wear literally everyday no matter what you're doing.

I will admit the above points are true (even if they are a little comedic), but most of all I'm vouching for jumpsuits because they're so flattering on every body type and that's something worth celebrating. They elongate your legs, make your waist tinier, and come in so many different styles that you can still accentuate your favorite body part. I've yet to see anyone look bad in one, and while they're still a hot piece for the summer I suggest you look at some of my favorites from Three Floor, Band of Outsiders, and Pixie Market for inspiration for your next purchase.

2 comments:

  1. Love it! I've been looking for a Studio 54-esque pantsuit for ages! Ultra wide legged with a low V-cut.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I love where your head's at! Sometimes I feel like I was born in the wrong decade.

      Delete