Saturday, July 20, 2013

Lazy Meal



Life gets crazy and some nights you need a quick meal that requires just boiling some water. For me it was after a long work day to be followed by a depressing Friday night in: finishing the work I brought home and catching up on weeks of neglected emails.

I always try to keep a package of Miracle Noodle in the fridge. They hold up well for a few months and have zero calories. Can't get much more guilt free than that. There's a bit of a chewy texture to them so I try to boil them in water to soften the texture. You can find them in Whole Foods, but I've seen them in Vons/Safeway and other grocery stores.

Ingredients
Serves one

1 package of Miracle Noodle
Handful of sun-dried tomatoes
Olive oil
Garlic powder
1 oz. Parmigiano-Reggiano
Basil (I only had dried but fresh is obviously always better)

1. Drain the liquid from the noodle package and put the noodles in boiling water.
2. Give the noodles a couple of minutes to loosen up and drain.
3. Lower the heat and add all the other ingredients. Allow the cheese to melt and add olive oil as necessary.
4. Mindlessly eat....

No comments:

Post a Comment