Friday, September 27, 2013

90's baby brings back grunge







Coat- Zara, shirt- Zara, skirt- H&M, booties- Dolce Vita, bag- Phillip Lim for Target

The other day I tied a flannel around my waist with denim cut-offs. Paying homage to the grunge trend that is in high demand this fall. However, 99% of people who saw my outfit that day were absolutely confused.

Did we all forgot that the 90's have come back in full force and everything punk and plaid is popular? Here are some reminders for those who forgot:
- This year's Met Gala theme and fabulous Chaos to Couture exhibit
- Versace's fall runway looks that oozed so much 90's Gianni that left me giddy
- Even Jay-Z throwing in some Nirvana cuts on "Holy Grail"

With that I felt the need to take this season's trends by the horns and turn it into a less grungy and more cleaned up version. The best part about this time of year is sweaters, light jackets, and boots are out, but you can still show a little leg. The coat is one of my favorite buys, and after someone insulted it this week it only made me want to make sure it got plenty of exposure here. I feel a little weird as someone who was born in the 90's that those trends are making a comeback, but if there's studs and spikes involved you know I'm on board.

No comments:

Post a Comment