Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Simple Silver








 Dress- Mango (Asos), shoes- Bottega Veneta, clutch- mom's

In planning my dress for the event last weekend I knew I wanted something with an open back but without a halter cut. The online search came to a halt when I spotted this Mango dress on Asos. I know Mango (as in that Spanish company that is amazing in Europe but sucks in the States), but it looked like something Carrie Bradshaw wears in season 1, episode 7 and if Carrie would wear it then I'm all about it. It met the open back criteria but was actually rather simple (perhaps too simple for this kinda spectacle). I then moved the direction away from SATC to have a bit of Gatsby/20's theme so I focused on a deep red lip and went for a beaded vintage inspired clutch. Especially special was the diamond ring that belonged to my grandmother to really give it an old school feel. Even in its simple form I think something about the fit of the dress gave it more personality than any other ornamentation would.

No comments:

Post a Comment