Thursday, October 10, 2013

Fashion philosophy: man repelling



Happiest moment

Nothing beats this view




Blazer- Secondi, boots- Kelsi Dagger

The woman who taught it all to me. When a friend casually asked me who my favorite fashion blogger was I lit up as I explained that Leandra is my soul sister, and almost as if she heard my answer she ended up in the DC area last night. The W Hotel threw a party to celebrate her book Seeking Love. Finding Overalls, and there was no way I was going to miss that. At times I feel like I live a dual life, but that speech is for another time.

When I finally got to meet my idol she immediately recognized that I was Persian asking if I knew she was Persian too (um... clearly I know every single little minor detail about your life). We bonded over Persians and their pride, and she made my night when she started singing Iranian cheers. Here's the thing about Leandra (if you've been on Man Repeller you can tell), she's just so cool and carefree. She doesn't take herself seriously and something about that makes her slight awkwardness just so cool. After last night, I don't think I'll ever stop smiling.

In true honor of man repelling I went with an oversized red blazer I got at one of my favorite vintage stores in DC. It's so big that I try to wear it as a jacket, but it usually looks out of control so I decided to make it into a dress for the night. 80's fire engine red blazer epitomizes man repelling. Some gold jewelry and thigh high boots to welcome the trend into the season made it less 80's and more updated. At this point I just need to get Anna Dello Russo, Miroslava Duma, Anna Wintour, Karl Lagerfeld, Olivier Rousteing, and Phillip Lim checked off the list, and I'll be fashion complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment