Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving means pumpkin pie

When I started this I had no idea how many people would read Avis, but I'm so grateful for every single one of you who laugh at my sarcasm, are inspired, and judge me. I hope you all remember your blessings today and always. Thank you for all your support and keep it up, and now go tell everyone/thing that you're grateful for them!!!



Ruined the top.. whoops

Vegan pumpkin pie:

Crust
1 stick of margarine
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup of cold water
1 tbsp sugar
1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour

1. Start by pulsing the dry components in a food processor, then add in cubes of the margarine and pulse till it looks crumbly.
2. Slowly add in the water, then transfer the liquidy dough to plastic wrap in a ball and put in the fridge for 1-2 hours.

Filling
1 15 oz. canned pumpkin
1 cup soy milk
1/4 cup corn starch
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup sugar

3. Add all ingredients into a food processor (or if you mix it well in a bowl that'll do).
4. Take the dough out it may need to thaw. I find that pushing it into the pie dish is easier than trying to roll it out and placing it. Once you have it in the mold feel free to pinch the top for the crust.
5. Add the filling into the dough.
6. Put in the oven at 350 F. I would say 45 minutes to a hour but you want the top to be hardish and a knife to come out clean when you stick it in the middle.
7. Allow to cool and place in the fridge to firm up. Unless serving immediately keep in the fridge till ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment