Friday, December 13, 2013

Been a good girl this year...

Well, well, well long time no see. I'm in that three week period (just past the middle) where the bags under my eyes are permanent, and I miss feeling glam so much I'm contemplating if I should wear heels to hang out at my place alone tomorrow. We'll be on hiatus for a little longer Avis readers, but I can't wait to share some of my holiday outfits with you guys. I spent today a little too high strung and realizing that stress has been slowly killing my body so I spent a few hours today walking through some of my favorite stores. I didn't purchase anything and I know someone's point their finger at me calling me materialistic, but there's something about being in a store around the holidays (or anytime for that matter) seeing all the beautiful things lined up and feeling the different textures of silk, cashmere, and fur that puts you in a good mood. A gingerbread macaron and coffee to finish off my therapy session, and I was back to being my regular self. If you're in a stressed place like me now or just need help figuring out what to buy someone for the holidays, here's a list of some of the things I'm eyeing these days to get your spirits bright.


Miu Miu Studded Cap Toe Sneakers, Barney's New York
I'm a sneaker addict, I'm also a Miu Miu addict. The details on these sneakers is insane, and the suede makes them different than the ordinary canvas high-top. They also come in an awesome blue.


Ice Lantern Drop Earrings, Bauble Bar
Bauble Bar is always my go-to for gift giving. They have great statement pieces like these earrings, which are perfect for glamming up a T-shirt, boyfriend jeans, and pumps look. Their store in NYC is awesome, but they have free shipping before Christmas so you really don't have an excuse.


Grace Lace Pencil Skirt, Planet Blue
I'll take the skirt or top, and definitely both. The possibilities with these pieces is out of control. They're sold at one of my favorite LA boutiques, Planet Blue. You can always find such unique pieces there that you know you're not going to see someone else wearing down the street.


Y-Not (1966), Barney's New York
I'm dying for a pair of new sunnies, and these really are the best of both worlds because I often have trouble picking between black or a tortoise shell. Also they're made by Oliver Goldsmith, the same people who made Audrey Hepburn's iconic Breakfast at Tiffany's shades. I told you they were awesome.


Cherry Pie Sweater, Shop Grl
Cropped sweaters are great for versatility and layering, but this one in particular is awesome because it lets you show off your arm party. I mean look at those gaps in the sleeves they're asking for an awesome cuff to pop out or a colony of bands and bangles. Just saying.


Limited Edition Golden Monogram Mug, Anthropologie
I have the version without the gold touch, but the gold is perfection on this mug (actually everyone in my family has an initial mug from Anthro, makes for cute holiday breakfasts don't you think). They're so affordable, and nothing makes Monday mornings better than coffee in your customized mug with golden details.


The Lemonade Cookbook, Amazon
A good friend of mine told me about this, and if you've been to the Southern California hotspot lemonade you'll know why this is so important. Want to know how to make the watermelon radish ahi tuna salad? Definitely a great idea for when I'm across the country and can't stop in for a casual lunch.


drybar gift certificate, drybar
With locations expanding all over the United States, I'm grateful that drybar will be available to more and more people. Nothing really beats a drybar experience, and while all the perks and chick flicks playing are great that doesn't mean their service is lacking. The Cosmo blowout is SUPERB, and always has people complimenting my hair. If they can fix my curly, damaged locks, they can handle anything. I'll take a gift certificate or 1309123 please.


Friends headphones, Rebecca Minkoff
I've been looking for a pair of headphones for some time now, but if I'm going to wear something big and bulky on my head it's going to have to serve as an accessory. Rebecca Minkoff knows a thing or two about amazing accessories, so it's only fitting that these headphones are the perfect touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment