Thursday, August 14, 2014

Hidden LA treasures in Silver Lake






Lunch at Forage LA
Shirt- H&M, skirt- cut25, necklace- New Mexico street vendor, bracelet- Morocco street vendor (I like this one), shoes- Vans, bag- Misuri

There was a time when everyone used a sequin skirt as their go-to for a night out, and so now I'm left with one too many sequin skirts with no where to wear them. However, balancing it out with a casual shirt and some slip-ons takes away that awful sorority girl look and gives your sequin skirt some new life. Add on my Misuri handbag I got in Florence (apparently Grace Kelly used to buy her bags from there too), and you've got a much more mature way to wear sequins.

I never really get enough time to explore the Echo Park/ Silver Lake areas but seeking a change of scenery led me to the lily pads at the Echo Park Lake and lunch at Forage. People on the west side always roll their eyes at visiting Silver Lake as if it's a continent away. However, I love the small community feel: watching people enjoy a Turkish coffee and read a book at the Casbah Cafe, all the unique shopping finds at MRKT and Undefeated, and some of the best vegan food at Flore or Sage. Forage is a great spot for market sides and protein or their pork belly and avocado sandwiches plus watching my mom interact with their hipster staff is a bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment