Sunday, September 14, 2014

NYFW

Where in the world have I been? What have I been doing? In all earnest, trying to figure out the direction this is going to go in. In NY there's more lifestyle bloggers than I can count, and most of them have their lives dedicated to their work. I moved to the city that never sleeps, and when I think about it I probably never sleep either. I literally have not stopped moving in the past two months. Part of that does include getting the opportunities to attend events that I otherwise wouldn't have gotten to attend particularly those relating to NYFW.

Mr. Siriano himself
It all kicked off with Christian Siriano's fragrance launch party, Christian himself is so high energy and did a great job working the crowd despite the lack of any proper A/C in the space. Nevertheless, being close enough to touch Alexa Chung's Gucci booties was enough to keep me happy despite the heat (hello fashion icon).

DVF hole

Refinery29 hosted a Country Club event with a real mini golf course that had different holes designed by different designers. Diane von Furstenberg's was definitely a favorite using some of her most famous textile designs to wrap around her hole.




Over the weekend, I stopped by the Storefront at the RePoP Room for their "brunch." In the fashion world that means juices and of course plenty of champagne (ok there were some bites thanks to Chef Jordan Andino). Vincetta and Ilana Kohn were showing their comfortable designs, while Marrin Costello hosted a trunk show of delicate and beautiful jewelry. All of which I wanted.


Finally, to cap off the season I was invited with my other fellow NY blogger behind The Kitchen Closet to see Christina Yi's Bone Collector collection. Chain links, mesh, and gauzy fabrics perfectly draped the models, and I fell in love with this scoop back white dress. Also all the models had the most amazing twisted knot hair that I definitely want to try to recreate for a night out.

Today is really and truly the beginning of fall, and as you can see from my outfit at the Storefront I was desperately hoping it would be cold enough to pull that off. Sadly I was wrong, but I'm excited to do the lace pullover with another button down soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment