Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Egg Shop feeling black and white







 Jacket- Zara, T-Shirt- Marc by Marc Jacobs, skirt- Uniqlo, shoes- Stuart Weitzman
If you didn't already know, I have a deep obsession with eggs. So when Egg Shop opened a few weeks ago I had to eat there the first weekend. We're talking all eggs for all hours of the day. Well to begin with service, at the time they were definitely still working out the kinks. The space is small so trying to get a table is hard, but even harder when they're not keeping track of who is waiting for a table and how many people are going to be at the table. Then there's the ordering (delayed), bringing out the food (delayed), and bringing my coffee right when I got my eggs (delayed). The rest of the group got Bloodys which I tried and would suggest you get as well. I settled on the Spandex. Yes, partly cause who doesn't want to order something that sounds like Richard Simmons would, but also the egg bowl has miso in it (which I'm low-key obsessed with); poached egg, miso quinoa, farm greens, avocado, and pickled carrot to be exact. The awesome menu and perfect meal in a bowl made up for the rocky service. Assuming things have gotten better now, and still dying to try the Fish Out of Water and Egg Salad Sandwich.

As the seasons transition it's like my wardrobe will be mostly all black. I prefer how clean and professional it looks. However, these funky shoes and a matching black and white kimono jacket keep the outfit from looking less like I'm in mourning and give it a little soul for a Sunday brunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment