Tuesday, August 19, 2014

The power of a red dress





Dress- vintage (similar here), shoes- Jean-Michel Cazabat, bag- Diane Von Furstenberg (similar), necklaces- kate spade new york and Tiffany & Co., ring- custom, bracelets- passed down, sunglasses- Ray-Ban

I had this hooded Lucky Brand sweatshirt in middle school that I was obsessed with (not very Avis, I know young and naive). Weirdly enough, it got me tons of compliments because of the red color. It became apparent to me and all my friends' moms that red worked well with my skin tone, and when you're the one of the only kids in your class that tans and doesn't burn you feel like you have an edge against your classmates in your closet's color spectrum.

Beyond the Lucky sweatshirt, I have this real love for red, and yet I have so little of it in my closet. Everyone automatically assumes it's a more romantic or seductive color, but I think it represents drive and power. It's an unspoken kind of confidence. This dress could come off a little like Jessica Rabbit so I tried to give it a masculine twist with these Clubmaster shades. For the jacket I would do a tuxedo or leather jacket. It's a trick I learned from my mom for my freshman high school winter formal, and it's become the only way I like to cover up formal attire.

In the past week alone I've had people ask for suggestions of things to do/see/eat/shop in LA, DC, Paris, and NYC... it's about time people. The newest segment of Avis is coming soon. Any ideas on where I'm going with this??

No comments:

Post a Comment